Tuesday, February 19, 2013

It's A Beautiful Morning



I wake up hungry. In fact, I sometimes lay in bed in the morning thinking about what I want to eat. I basically eat the same thing every morning and treat myself on the weekends for some home made brunch. Being pregnant, I think about every little thing I eat - nutrients, how it will affect the baby, how it will make me feel, etc. My favorite cereal that provides all vitamins and nutrients I need is called Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain Golden Flax Cereal. I discovered it when I was on a raw food diet years ago in Brooklyn. The cereal is high in fiber, vegan and made with sprouted grains. It does taste rather plain and some people call it rabbit food, but I find it best served on top of another cereal. Currently, I mix it with Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls Multigrain Cereal and add blueberries on top for some antioxidants. Ezekiel is a pricey cereal. In both New York and California, a box costs as much as $6 but for me, the wellness and I am a believer that breakfast is the most important meal of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment